The University of Chicago embraces the use of technology in creating effective teaching and learning experiences both on campus and online. Digital teaching and learning at UChicago is supported by the Graham School of Continuing Liberal and Professional Studies, the Chicago Center for Teaching, and Academic and Scholarly Technology Services.
We offer resources for faculty in the following areas:
- Events to share experiences, workshop ideas, and discuss best practices in digital teaching and learning. See our workshops for Spring 2017
- Course design and development for hybrid and online courses, including MOOCs
- Resources and support for implementing new technologies, incorporating multimedia, and flipping the classroom
- Techniques, tools, and tips for using technology to facilitate community building and active learning
- Support for using technology to enhance learning and teaching in the classroom
- Platform support for web-based systems such as Canvas and Chalk